Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Valentines Day

Hope you all had a l o v e l y Valentine’s Day, single or taken! (:


I am loving the picture above, love can get complicated.
Valentine’s Day is not a reminder of this self-conjured thought of your inability to attract men (or women, whichever sex you choose). It is but a day in the year that so happens to fall on the fourteenth of February, but if we insist on making it significant, then, Valentine’s Day is a reminder of the freedom and independence you have as a self-sufficient woman. All you need is you: you alone hold the key to your aspirations, happiness, and successes. No (wo)man is necessary to feel whole or empowered.



Is it depressing to feel alone, or left out, when all other ladies have little bouquets and kisses awaiting them? Perhaps. It all depends entirely on your perspective. I know one too many girls who loathe Valentine’s Day – and all things associated with it – with their entire being. They mope, gorging themselves with food as they dig out all self-imagined faults and allow themselves to submit to their insecurities. I suppose I can attempt to empathize, yet those of you who know me (!) know that I value my independence above all else. I have never harbored any desire to have a boyfriend (although I am married) for that very reason; being single allows for so much more freedom. Being coquettish is allowed! And that, my loves, is quite entertaining in itself!



Thus, for you single ladies out there, embrace your independence. Take advantage of it; wear red and pull out your freakum dress. Take a bit of time to coif the hair and do the makeup – nothing too extravagant, of course. Think to emphasize your best features, whether it be your hair, your eyes, your lips, your figure. Go out on Valentine’s Day à la the Sex and the City girls pre-marriage, and just enjoy yourself.

This is dedicated to all my single ladies cheers babes.

xoxo
griselle

No comments:

Post a Comment