Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Winter Fashion tip of the day!

Here are some of my tips for adjusting fashionably to freezing temperatures:

1. Wear sturdy, warm, comfortable boots on your way to work. They will allow you to walk quickly and reduces chances of slipping on ice! You can change into heels or heeled boots when you are safely on dry area or in my case my car. Leaving shoes at work will avoid lugging them with you or worse, forgetting them all together. I personally carry them to my car, I don't leave shoes at work, but this works for a lot of people.

2. Layers! A turtleneck under a blouse. A woven shirt under a sweater. A long sleeve T under a sleeveless dress. Cardigans over everything. You get the picture.

3. Wear cozy tights. Tights are a winter fashion opportunity. Buy a selection of thick opaque tights in a variety of colours, textures and patterns and let them dress up a simple dress or skirt. Currently in my tights drawer: grey tights, herringbone pattern tights, and space dyed sweater tights.

4. Stock up on scarves. Scarves are THE must have accessory for winter. Wrap it around your face and neck on the way to work and wear it as an accessory in chilly offices. I personally hate turtlenecks (I feel like I`m choking!) so a scarf is a great way to feel cozy and warm and add personality to your office outfit. I always have one wrap around.

5. Wear a hat! About 40% of heat loss is through your head. Let me repeat: Wear a hat!! It will go a long way to keeping you warm. To avoid hat head, make sure your hair is completely dry before putting one on. After you reach your destination, remove your hat and take a few seconds to fluff up your hair again.

xoxo
Griselle

No comments:

Post a Comment