Friday, February 6, 2009

Be Kind To Your Self!

TGIF, Finally this week is over, after a busy week at work and handling my personal life at the same time... I'm tired...and I am sure I'm not alone in this one. My advice for all this: Be kind to yourself, How? Well, here are some things I do:

Pamper yourself with a mid-winter pedicure. Even though no one will see your perfectly painted toenails, you'll feel better. And looking down to see 10 lovely bright red toenails will lift your spirits. Plus your heels will feel softer and smoother. Good stuff.


Go for a brow wax. There's something so cathartic about having my brows waxed. I love the way it feels, as sick as that may sound. But what's better than having my stray eyebrow hairs yanked out of my face is the way a brow wax looks. It's subtle, but having cleaned up, professional shaped brows does wonders for your looks. Plus it's relatively cheap and quick. I have my waxing kit, I do it my self.


Give yourself an at-home facial. If you have a microdermabrasion kit, use it. If not, head down to the drugstore and pick up a fun, inexpensive face mask. Slather it all over your skin, lie down on your bed and relax for 15 minutes. Your skin will look better and you'll feel more rested. Don't forget to apply a decent moisturizer and lip balm once you're done. I live by home facials, I actually only do home facials.

Take a bubble bath. whenever you get the chance. You deserve 30 minutes to an hour of alone time, and bubble baths force you to turn off the TV, hang up the cell phone, and step away from the computer.

Shave your legs. I shave all year round, I take time to shave my legs, making sure not to miss any patches. And I follow up a shave with a whole hell of a lot of moisturizer (neutragena sesame oil Im currently using) , especially in the winter to avoid dryness. It feels so good to have smooth, satiny legs!


Start each day with a wonderful body moisturizer. Instead of applying perfume, try using a scented body moisturizer. Doing so will provide double duty: your skin will be soft and touchable, and you'll smell great. No one else may notice, but that's ok. You'll know you spent a few minutes in the morning lavishing attention on yourself...and there's nothing wrong with that.


If you don't take the time to be kind to yourself, no one else will. You have to treat yourself the way you want to be treated. Trust me we should think about this and live by this every day.



I am going to watch "He is not that into you" today I will post my feed backs on the last 3 movies I've watched.



xoxo

Griselle

No comments:

Post a Comment