Monday, August 16, 2010

Katie Holmes


I am loving the cover of Katie Holmes in the New York Mag.

She looks great, Katie, is one of my favorite Fashion Inspiration, she is not afraid to play with style and I love that. My co-worker came by and gave me the magazine since I love mags. I was reading through and this is what she has to say.

Katie Holmes has not lived the typical Hollywood story. She’s a Catholic schoolgirl from Toledo, Ohio, who went to L.A. for the first time when she was 16; she arrived on a Sunday and was cast in Ang Lee’s The Ice Storm the very next day. Dawson’s Creek came a year after that, and then there was Batman Begins, and then there was perhaps the world’s most famous courtship, and then there was the birth of the world’s most famous baby, and then, three years ago, her marriage to Tom Cruise, arguably one of the world’s most famous men.

And this is how the New York Magazine interview with Katie Holmes opens up. They ask Katie all the good questions from whether or not she really is a Scientologist – to what it’s like being married to Tom Cruise. Also – Katie Holmes is designing her own clothing line !Here is just a bit of the interview with Katie, read the rest of the fascinating article here!

Is Suri into clothes too?

I grew up the youngest of five, so there were a lot of hand-me-downs that I would sort of change up. And Suri and I do that now with her clothes. Or rather, she does it. She says, “I want this sleeve cut,” and it’s like, “Okay, we’ll cut it.” She picks out all of her own clothes and has since she was 1½. Tom and I went to the Met ball a couple of years ago, and I had this beautiful red gown and these royal-blue shoes that I wasn’t planning on wearing, but Suri made me put them on and so I was like, “Okay, I trust you.”

You’re playing Jackie Kennedy now. Do you think about your experience in the public eye while doing the role?

I’m just focused on creating a character as much as possible without knowing what was going on behind closed doors. In my own life, it’s just something that’s there. We luckily have security so I can focus on motherhood and work and other things.

Is it complicated balancing your schedule with Tom’s?

We have quite a schedule, you know? We don’t say, “When I’m working, you don’t work,” or anything like that. Last year he was shooting Knight and Day and I was shooting The Romantics, and we’d just fly to see each other after we wrapped. And we homeschool Suri—she has a teacher who is with her every day. We like the one-on-one education. I’m happy that my daughter is strong-willed and determined. You really have to go with what the child is wanting.

Would you and Tom ever work together?

Well, we do collaborate on everything at home. But I mean, he’s Tom Cruise! His body of work is incredible. Every movie he’s done has done really well. I look back, and everything’s a classic. I definitely come home and say to him, “So, imagine a scene … how would you play it?” And he’s helpful and sweet and gracious. He’s quite an incredible human being.

Do you read the various speculations about your marriage?

It’s there, it’s one of those things. My big concern is what does he have going, what do I have going, what are we going to do this weekend. It must seem weird, I guess, having so many people watching. It is weird. I get it. But you just, you know, smile and nod.


xoxo
griselle

No comments:

Post a Comment