Monday, March 2, 2009

Secrets Of Relationships

I am still trying to figure out relationships, for I am married, however I acknowledge that I don't have the perfect marriage... does anyone??? you will always have some type of problems or disagreements ..which makes it okay. Read below a few thing I have put together, for I am studying relationships... to improve mine!

My husband keeps telling me that i think it's all about me me and me. lol why wouldn't it? lol well based on my conversation with friends and even family members I have done a bit of my own studying and research and came up with the following on dating and relationship in general... this is targeting all not just me or you but many of us female out there.

Sure ... some men are jerks. And fine, some women are just plain crazy.

Now that I've acknowledged the two biggest stereotypes that people think are to blame for screwed up relationships, let me tell you what I REALLY believe is the root cause of dating drama:

Feelings of insecurity and low self-esteem.

Now I'm not running around hugging trees and braiding daisies into my hair, but I honestly believe that we would all struggle a lot less with dating and relationships if we lived in a perfect world where each and every one of us were told from a young age that we were beautiful, special, and had unique gifts to give to the world - and to the person with whom we would eventually share our life.

If each of us grew into self-assured women brimming with confidence, we would naturally possess the tools we need live out the life of our dreams and create a healthy, happy, drama-free relationship with a man.

UNFORTUNATELY, we're not living in a perfect world.

Most of us spend a lot of time wondering whether we're pretty enough, smart enough, interesting enough, sexy enough, funny enough, thin enough ... (I could go on), and these worries can cause us to feel inadequate in a relationship.

Since these worries feel so out of our control, and at the same time we want to be loved, we often cope by plunging ourselves head-first into a relationship believing that if we just focus all of our energy on making our man happy, everything will work out fine.

We start making decisions based solely on what we think HE wants or what HE likes. We don't want to inconvenience him with our needs or give any strong opinions that might conflict with his own.

Looking for reassurance, we may find ourselves clinging to our man, hoping that he will make us feel secure in the relationship - and in ourselves.

We voluntarily stop doing some of the things we care about. We cancel plans with our girlfriends if we think that there's a chance our boyfriend will want to spend time with us. We mislead ourselves to think that if we just hang around him enough, we can make the relationship progress forward out of sheer will.(Not to mention the fact that if we always keep an eye on him, there's no way he could possibly ever cheat!)

This is a big, fat mistake.

Now pay close attention, because this is important:

The security we so desperately seek in a relationship can only be found one way - by building confidence within ourselves.

Luckily, if you are ready to learn how to Date Without Drama, you can replace those feelings of clinginess, neediness and insecurity with self-reliance, confidence, and positivity.

And it doesn't matter if you're just starting out dating or already IN a long-term relationship, it *IS* possible to start feeling secure in your relationship - and your SELF - TODAY.

********************************************************
STAY TUNE FOR MY 6 TIPS FOR LOVING A MAN WITHOUT LOSING YOURSELF
********************************************************
xoxo
griselle

2 comments:

LisairaF said...

Hey so I just finished reading this and wow u are soo right, i cancel plans with my friends and make my world all about a guy and when he is not in the picture?? I am at my friends house sobbing away about what a loser he is...therefore i learned never to lose ur life or put yourself on hold for no one else, and i am starting to value my relationships i have with my girl friends whom no matter how many guys i've dated..they are the ones that are STILL there!! Wheww sorry had to vent lol

Griselle said...

Girl that is fine babe.... it is true I will be posting 6 tips to follow in a little while. please vent all you want.

Post a Comment